Friday, March 19, 2010

1st Baby...

I always feel so stupid calling and making appointments. I don't know any of the lingo the doctors want to hear. I was referred out to Fresno's St. Agnes Hospital for our big Ultrasound, and when I called this morning to make an appointment, I felt that now-familiar apologetic conversation coming on: "I'm sorry, this is my first baby, so I don't know what exactly I need to be asking for, but I need [generic description]." Blah. It's not like I don't pay attention when the doctor tells me what I need, it's just that they assume I know exactly what it is, and am familiar with these terms. I'm sure every first time parent has felt this way - it just seems more noticeable when I'm in a new place.

The good news is we have an ultrasound appointment on APril 21 - the day after we get back from Germany! We'll find out the sex, woot!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to find out! SO exciting...and I too have no idea what I'm asking for when I call the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - I really like the new haircut below. Pretty!

    Second - Can you please take baby pics...... I need to see how the little one is progressing. Can't wait to find out the sex so I can start buying you baby things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of what you are learning, though! Bet the office staff thinks you are mighty cute!

    ReplyDelete